Years of construction
1763 – 1764
Johann Georg Pinsel
Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin, it was built in 1763 at the expense of the founder Count Mykola Vasyl Potocki for the Ukrainian Greek Catholic community. According to legend, the temple was founded to atone for the sin of killing a young girl.
The creators of the Greek Catholic Church are architect Bernard Meretin and sculptor Johann Pinzel. The temple was completed after the death of the architect.
The architectural forms of the church resemble the architectural forms of the church in Godovica. The tallest light rectangular building is crowned by the family cross "Pylyava". The facade is decorated with icons, large arched windows, a wrought-iron balcony above the entrance, vertical relief ledges. Near the church is a three-tiered bell tower of similar architecture. The temple, together with the bell tower and the surrounding area, is located behind a wrought-iron patterned fence.
The iconostasis of the church is quite similar to the iconostasis in the Cathedral of St. George in Lviv. Due to the similarity of the iconostasis, we can assume that they belong to the genius of Ukrainian sculpture - Johann Pinzel. The completion of the pediment of the main facade of the church in the upper part repeats the completion of the pediment of the Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, located nearby. A fresco of the Virgin Mary is placed on the pediment.
Above the entrance door to the temple is a balcony. The architecture of the church does not correspond to the traditions of Ukrainian Orthodox churches, but it is beautiful, solemn and fast. The building is rectangular with a rounded altar, single-domed. An arched bell tower was erected at the entrance to the temple courtyard.